Women Entrepreneurship Centre (WEC) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Auckland, New Zealand working towards empowerment of women through inspiring, educating and entrepreneurial leadership.
WEC’s process in entrepreneurship and leadership involves awareness programs, trainings, skills development, mentoring, business incubation, information sharing and networking and marketing assistance. WEC has built a strong network with community organisation, churches, corporates, SME’s, development agencies, funding agencies and other NGO’s to provide awareness and entrepreneurial development in diverse community of New Zealand.
Women as Entrepreneurial Leaders.
The Centre aims to develop community leadership and entrepreneurial thinking creating social and economic values in New Zealand through innovative education programmes, research, mentoring, consultancy and events among women of all ages and cultures.
The aim is to build courage and passion to be different. Develop the entrepreneurial capabilities among everyone women, irrespective of their age, academic, social and economic background.
In pursuing the Trust’s vision and mission, it adheres to the following values:
- To become the pre-eminent research centre and knowledge hub for women Tech innovation and entrepreneurship in New Zealand.
- Supporting diverse women to grow and bring their dream into real life.
- To assist students to develop research capability, conduct rigorous research and produce quality research outputs in women creative innovation and entrepreneurship and develop community leadership capabilities. To focus attention on the importance of technology and innovation goals in business through teaching, research, professional and community presentations.
- To connect and support national and international women entrepreneurs, students, scholars with research outputs.
- Inspiring, activating talent, raising awareness and building capability for women enterprise
- To obtain internal and external funding to undertake the work of the Centre.